What can you do as a NCMH Volunteer?
NCMH has different roles available for people who want to volunteer, dependant on the volunteerâ€™s time commitment and areas of skills and interest.
Fund raising / Support
As a Non-Government Organization, NCMH relines on external donation and support to continue running. You can help through:
- Helping to organize and run fund raising event / functions
- Using contacts to obtain donation of money, supplies (stationery, arts and craft materials, food) or services (gardening, building maintenance)
- Helping out at specific function such as exhibitions, end of the year functions
- Helping find employment positions for rehabilitated clients
- Using contacts to request prominent people to come and talk to the NCMH clients
- Help with lobbying for improved mental health services
- Assist with mental health promotion activities
Working the Rehabilitation / Day Program
- Running weekly skills classes for the clients (discuss topic possibilities with staff)
- Helping with work / handicraft activities (card making, sewing, hairclips)
- Helping staff take clients no outings (assisting with transport)
- Helping with individual clients (in conjunction with the mental health workers) to help clients reach specific goals
Job skills (eg: CV, job interview skills, computer skills)
Self-care skills (eg: Brushing teeth, making tea, getting buses)
For mare information contact,
National Council for Mental Health.